Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Did I just put honey on that?...



Successful last minute dinner was had by all (except Jebby, he just ate cat food) 
within 15 minutes of starting. 

Granted, it was just a salad.

But the chicken was good!

I wasn't sure what to make for dinner, so I peeked into my spice cabinet and in the back noticed a bottle of balsamic vinegar that I had bought to roast some cauliflower and Parmesan with. 

I decided to try my luck and popped on over to the computer and googled "balsamic chicken" I found several kosher/vegan/crazy expensive recipes and then stumbled upon one that I felt I could reduce down enough to just throw in the pan and serve with a spring salad mix.

So if you ever find yourself with balsamic vinegar and chicken, throw some along with olive oil and rough cut garlic into a pan sprinkle with salt and pepper then give a quick swirl of honey. I slapped a raspberry-walnut dressing (my favorite) and some Jalapeno cheddar crackers on the side and ended up with:

Two full bellies 
a happy husband
 minimal clean-up (which husband volunteered for anyway because I've been a grump) 
and a chicken dish that tastes similar to a lighter teriyaki 

So glad I put my 'I-really-don't-feel-like-cooking-but-we-have-to-eat' lazy frozen skillet dinner back in the freezer and tried my luck. 

What in-a-pinch recipes have you come up with?

1 comment: