Monday, February 6, 2012

Whisking the night away...

Sunday, we got together with some friends for some good company and football.
As we hustled home from church to get something whipped up to bring to the shindig, the only things I could find in our cupboard were along the line of dried beans, jello, pesto sauce and a cake mix.

I quickly remembered a fast cake mix cookie recipe (1 box of cake mix, two eggs, 1/2 cup oil BAM)
and threw that together.

Unfortunately I suffer from "oh, these didn't take very much effort?" / "oh, so you didn't make these from scratch? hmm and you're a wife you say?" fears. Yea, unrealistic/lamesauce, I know this.

Que the jello, I figured somehow, somewhere, someone had to have come up with a frosting recipe with jello. As always, I was right.

Combine 1 pckg Jello
(select a flavor that best pleases your palate, as the recipe says)
2/3 c sugar (yeaaa)
1 egg white (that's healthy, right?)
and
1 tsp vanilla.

Stir until combined and then add in 1/2 c boiling water.

....

Here is where I must suggest a caution.
If you do not have a blender, beater, mixer, overly-obliging/buff husband with mad whisking skills :


... You may want to splurge on a canned frosting.

We took turns whisking the high-heavens out of this concoction for 7 minutes. I do realize this doesn't sound like a long time; but, oh... trust me. It was.

Our arms were so pumped, and it didn't even get fluffy! So we ended up just drizzling it over the top more like an icing than a frosting. Which left us with over half of the bowl left.


Who knew baking could be so intense?

1 comment:

  1. and those cookies were SO GOOD! good job girlfriend, i'll have to use jello frosting sometime!

    ReplyDelete