Friday, February 10, 2012

Hey Good Lookin, Watcha got cookin...

Tonight's dinner recipe was a throw and go. 

I was on my way back from a decent sized fabric haul (pictures to come) when I realized I was hungry. 
Nay, STARVING!

I called the hubs and asked if he could put some noodles on to boil, and I would figure the rest out when I got home.

Here is what was thrown together (it ended up pretty darn good actually)

Cheesy Artichoke Heart Penne

2 cups Penne pasta (or whatever)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbs butter
1 tbs dry parsley
salt/pepper
1/2 jar artichoke hearts - Roughly chopped
2 wedges of a melt-able cheese 
(like laughing cow, etc. I used Sonoma Jacks Parmesan peppercorn light cheese wedges)
1 tbs minced garlic (mmm garlic)

Cook the pasta up, strain it and put it back in the pot. Pour the olive oil over it and throw in the parsley and garlic (side note/rant: I use a lot of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, but contrary to the annoyance that is Rachel Ray, I will NEVER refer to it is EVOO. Gag me!) and get the noodles all nice and coated, add butter and cheese while the noodles are still hot and stir/fold until melted. Salt and pepper that bad boy and add in the artichoke hearts.

Super easy, fairly healthy for a cheesy/creamy pasta. It would also be really good with some chicken, but I was being a lazy bum. We are vegetarians when we are lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment