Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: Tablecloth to Dress


Might as well go for two weekly posting goals, right?

We all thrift, we all craft, here are a couple of my finds/alterations!
(Tutorials to come!)

Released dart, circle skirt dress with pintucks!

Dresses_014_large

While shopping around the local thrift store I found this great peachy tablecloth, it was drapey, swingy, oh-so-soft, and already a circle begging to be made into a skirt. It also just so happened to go really well with a tiny heart print fabric I had been given.

I took a basic bodice sloper and converted the waist darts to ease and the bust darts to cute little pintucks going down the front of the top. (okay, so I may be a little obsessed with pintucks)

The table cloth was $2 
and the fabric for the top was given to me
Throw in a couple bucks for elastic and thread and this dress added up to a whopping...

$4!

(Thanks Margeaux for modeling it for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment