Friday, May 25, 2012

This week in sewing...

So I have been a little AWOL lately, sorry about that. 

Good news though! I got into the Portland internship expedition (a month past the deadline) and now get to show my design portfolio to a bunch of Portland artsy fartsy big shots.

One problem. I don't have a functioning design portfolio. 
Oh, and another problem, the expedition is on the 6th of next month. 
Yikes!! So I'm scrambling like ants do when you touch them. No I don't do that, what do you think I am? Crazy? psh.

So I'm scrambling and pleading and recruiting models to show off my creations and photographers to capture them and all that jazz.

Anyway, here's a little bit of what I've worked on this week:


I took this dress and an identical one in green from Old Navy, in a size XXL (which I definitely left the tag in, just to freak the dancers out) 

And narrowed the waist to a size 24, lengthened it with a ruffle and added sleeves (they aren't sewn on in this pic yet because I need the girl's over shoulder measurement.)


Next week, we have about 100 costumes in our queue for the costume parade in a week. Yep, the five of us are going to work our little fingers to the bones.

1 comment: