Friday, April 27, 2012

Food Fridays: Brownies



Am I the only one that makes things from scratch simply so I can justify wearing a cute apron?

Last night I made brownies, and couldn't help but be giddy over the fact that this will probably be our family's go to brownie recipe. The one I'll make the kiddos for Sunday desserts.

They turned out chewy, moist, crunchy (but not hard) and just super.

- 1 stick butter (8 tbsp)
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 C cocoa
- pinch salt
-generous tbsp vanilla

Melt butter. Add sugars. Add Eggs, flour, cocoa, salt and vanilla , mix the hecka out of it. Grease pan or use parchment paper. Bake 20-25 min at 390 degrees in an 8" square baking dish.

The original recipe says to let it cool for an hour - overnight, I'm amending that to say, eat rapidly as soon as your mouth can stand the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment