Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thankful

How could I be anything but thankful? I find at night, after my little family has gone to sleep and I'm wrapping up the day, is when I'm most affected by the weight of my love for my family. Those quick moments of my heart catching my breath and realizing my babies are here.
I've been trying to wrap my head around how I feel now that I am a mother in more than just my heart. I don't feel different...I just feel whole. Like I've found the pieces that left me aching in their absence.
Surely I've always been this way? Always had these sweet faces to kiss and known every bit of downy hair...how could I have ever existed in any other form?
This Thanksgiving, I am most thankful to finally be whole. Thankful to have my heart beating, double time, outside my own chest. Thankful and blessed to share here the healing of that all too familiar ache being filled with chubby, spitty, bright eyed joy.

 I hope your day was one of the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment