Monday, September 3, 2012

Enjoying the moment.



I'm impatient.

It is a fact I have lived with my entire life. I have never been so self-fooled as to claim any sort of sufferance.

---

I am always getting frustrated and caught up in what I don't have now:
my degree, a baby, a little house of my own, financial stability, heck; a job right now.

 as opposed to appreciating that which I do have:
The most attentive husband I could ever ask for, a loving family, a warm place to live, food to eat.

---

As I was nearing the halfway mark of my run tonight, Claire de Lune began playing on my ipod and an especially cool breeze greeted me from across a grassy field.

It was perfect.

---

In that moment, my breathing came easy and my uphill pace felt like a soaring accomplishment. I was exactly where I wanted to be and it was amazing.

Here's to holding on to the fleeting moments of peace and perfection to help us through the rest.


1 comment:

  1. Except for the running part ( ;-) ), I could have written this post. I struggle so much with the balance between what I want and what I have. I have to continually remind myself to slow down, appreciate, enjoy. It's probably why I write about it so much on my blog! Patience is NOT a natural attribute of mine...

    This is a lovely post. :)

    ReplyDelete