Sunday, February 16, 2014

On having things handed to me...


Tomorrow night is paper night...
You would think this whole past month has been paper night, but nay.

Tomorrow night we meet with all the anxious potential parents to be to go over our "personality profiles"...or the massive amount of overly personal questions that they only give two lines to answer.

We are definitely looking forward to it!

---


All sassy-mouthing aside.
 I've been thinking a lot lately about the difference between being supported and having things handed to me and I'm realizing more and more that I am increasingly grateful for my whole life being supported but not being catered to or having things handed to me.

I am grateful that this opportunity hasn't come easy to us. In a way, and maybe just for this moment, and never again...I am grateful for all of it. The infertility, the heartache, the waiting, the intrusion, the waiting...looking back at it all and then looking forward to how amazing the reward will be (whenever it is that it finally comes)...I'm glad that I can take a step back, holding our little one and in that moment realize that nothing was handed to us, but every single paper, every failed doctor's visit, every home study, fingerprint, 3 hour class, and tear was worth it.

So very worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment